(07) 3180 0120


Magistrates, Judges and Juries do get it wrong. Appeals from decisions of Magistrates proceed to a single Judge of the District Court. These are conducted as rehearings, and it may be possible to appeal against a conviction and the sentence. These appeals are without leave, and are quick and simple to undertake. Appals following a jury decision, or a decision of a District Court Judge are by appeal to the Court of Appeal. Comparatively, such appeals are harder and more expensive to undertake.

We successfully conduct appeals in the District Court and the Court of Appeal. If you have been wrongfully convicted, or the sentence you received is excessive, contact us to assist.